The best travel photos are often unplanned. The pictures we treasure the most from trips with our loved ones often show us in a rare light—the quiet uncle having a belly-laugh, grandma dancing with the kids, the family car overflowing with humans, luggage, and pets. All this month, Canon and Nat Geo Traveller India are celebrating the power of family travel, with the #WeAreFamilyContest.
What do I have to do? Share a candid photo from a trip you took with your family—could be with your sister, partner, kids, parents, or grand-parents. Tell us why you love the photo so much, where the photo was taken, and the story behind it.
What do I win? The photographer with the best picture and caption will win a Canon PowerShot G9x worth Rs 32,995. The second and third prizewinners will get an annual subscription to National Geographic Magazine. In addition, the best entries will be featured on Nat Geo Traveller India’s website, Facebook page, and on our Instagram and Twitter accounts. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to keep track of the winners, but don’t worry if you miss the announcement, you will also be notified by email if you are selected.
When does the contest end? You can submit entries until 11.59 p.m on Fri April 28, 2017. Winners will be announced on Mon May 01, 2017, and will receive prizes within 30 days.
How do I enter? Send us an image along with a brief description and your full name to email@example.com with “Canon” in the subject line.
One last thing: Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions listed below.
• Photos must meet the following requirements: JPG or JPEG file format, 72dpi. The photo dimensions have to be at least 1024×768 pixels.
• Photographs should not have been previously published in any print and digital media.
• Minimal photo editing is permissible, but altering the photograph is not allowed. We assume that every photo submission is legitimate. However, if a photo is suspected of alteration, it will be rejected. The final decision rests with the editorial staff.
• By submitting your photographs you accept that you are the copyright owner of the photograph and that you agree to our terms and conditions.
• Under our terms and conditions, the photographer owns the copyright and simultaneously grants the National Geographic Society and Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd., its affiliates and licensees worldwide royalty-free rights, and perpetual licence to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of such photographs, in whole or in part and in any medium, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and/or trade purposes. In the event it is claimed that the photographs submitted by you infringes any person’s copyright, you agree to indemnify against all costs, expenses, losses, fines etc. incurred, borne or suffered by National Geographic Society and/or Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd.
• All contest participants must be above 18 years of age. Submissions can be made on behalf of minors by parents or guardians.
Hey there! Like what you see (or not)? Tell us what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.