Daily Shot is National Geographic Traveller India’s daily photo contest. Send us images that fit our current theme, and your photo could be showcased on our home page and social media accounts. When the theme ends, our in-house experts choose a winner who receives a smashing Nat Geo goodie bag.
What’s the theme? This time, we’re looking for photos that give us Glimpses of Culture. It could be an image of a market, a festival, a monument, even a person crossing the street—as long as it captures the essence of the place in some way. Feel free to experiment with moods and subjects. We like unusual and striking points of view, and do tell us the story behind the photograph, so we can share it with our readers when you win.
What do I get if I win? The day’s winning photograph is showcased on Nat Geo Traveller India’s homepage, Facebook page, and on our Instagram and Twitter accounts. The theme winner (selected once a month) receives an annual subscription to National Geographic Traveller India, a photographer’s jacket, and a set of quirky wildlife coasters. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep track of the winners, but don’t worry if you miss the announcement; you will also be notified by email if you are selected.
How do I enter? Use the form below to submit your Daily Shot image (max 1MB) along with your full name, email, postal address, and a brief description of the photograph and why you like it. If you have a Twitter handle, include that too so we can shout out to you when your image is selected. There’s a winner every day, so hurry.
One last thing Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions listed below.
• Photos must meet the following requirements: JPG or JPEG file format, 72dpi. Ideally, the photo dimensions should be 1024x768 pixels.
• Photographs should not have been previously published in any print and digital media.
• Minimal photo editing is permissible, but altering the photograph is not allowed. We assume that every photo submission is legitimate. However, if a photo is suspected of alteration, it will be rejected. The final decision rests with the editorial staff.
• By submitting your photographs you accept that you are the copyright owner of the photograph and that you agree to our terms and conditions.
Under our terms and conditions, the photographer owns the copyright and simultaneously grants the National Geographic Society and Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd., its affiliates and licensees worldwide royalty-free rights, and perpetual licence to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of such photographs, in whole or in part and in any medium, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and/or trade purposes. In the event it is claimed that the photographs submitted by you infringes any person’s copyright, you agree to indemnify against all costs, expenses, losses, fines etc. incurred, borne or suffered by National Geographic Society and/or Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd.
• All Daily Shot participants must be above 18 years of age. Submissions can be made on behalf of minors by parents or guardians.