Daily Shot is National Geographic Traveller India’s daily photo contest.
There is something special about the warmth of a steaming cup of ginger chai on a cold morning. Winter is here, and we are looking for photos from across India that showcase the best of what it represents. Piping-hot kulhads of milk, steaming jalebis, fresh-off-the-tawa garaadus—there’s a delightful platter of food to photograph. The Himalayas gleam in their white glory and ski slopes are full of flushed, laughing faces. What about dreamlike misty landscapes? Take out those woollies and hit the streets, and capture your favourite moment of winter magic. Entries that best do justice to the theme will be featured on Nat Geo Traveller India’s homepage and across all our social media.
In addition, a monthly winner will be selected by our in-house photo experts. This winner will receive an annual subscription to National Geographic Traveller India, and National Geographic merchandise. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep track of the winners, but don’t worry if you miss the announcement; you will also be notified by email if you are selected.
Feel free to experiment with moods and subjects; we like unusual and striking points of view. So send us your favourite photos of structures that make an impact along with detailed information about where the picture was taken and what is happening in the photo. Do tell us the story behind the photograph, so we can share it with our readers when you win.
How do I enter? Use the form below to submit your Daily Shot image (max 1MB) along with your full name, email, postal address, and a brief description of the photograph and why you like it. If you have a Twitter/Instagram handle, include that too so we can shout out to you when your image is selected. There’s a winner every day, so hurry.
One last thing Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions listed below.
• Photos must meet the following requirements: JPG or JPEG file format, 72dpi. Ideally, the photo dimensions should be 1024x768 pixels.
• Photographs should not have been previously published in any print and digital media.
• Minimal photo editing is permissible, but altering the photograph is not allowed. We assume that every photo submission is legitimate. However, if a photo is suspected of alteration, it will be rejected. The final decision rests with the editorial staff.
• By submitting your photographs you accept that you are the copyright owner of the photograph and that you agree to our terms and conditions.
Under our terms and conditions, the photographer owns the copyright and simultaneously grants the National Geographic Society and Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd., its affiliates and licensees worldwide royalty-free rights, and perpetual licence to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of such photographs, in whole or in part and in any medium, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and/or trade purposes. In the event it is claimed that the photographs submitted by you infringes any person’s copyright, you agree to indemnify against all costs, expenses, losses, fines etc. incurred, borne or suffered by National Geographic Society and/or Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd.
• All Daily Shot participants must be above 18 years of age. Submissions can be made on behalf of minors by parents or guardians.